We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Traeger Pro 780: Review
Traeger Pro 780: Does Your Next Pellet Grill Really Need Wi-Fi? The Traeger Pro Series currently ranks at the top of the best-selling grills in the world. Like the Traeger Pro 575, the Traeger Pro 780 also comes with an enhanced controller that uses WiFIRE Technology. This WiFIRE technology allows you to monitor and accordingly adjust your grill anytime, anywhere from the Traeger App on your smartphone. The Traeger Pro stands 55 inches tall, including a smokestack with a 30-inch barrel which gives you roughly 800 square inches of grilling area (large pizzas, turkeys, and six racks of ribs).
In addition, with the brand-new D2 drivetrain, the Pro Series Wi-Fi pellet can now start quicker, heat up faster, and put out better smoke quality that will give you consistent results infused with wood-fired flavor. All Traeger grills are fuelled by 100% natural hardwood pellets, making it the number one choice by default. These hardwood pellets induce an extraordinary wood-fired flavor into everything that goes inside the grill.
Besides, Traeger grills aren’t just meant for grilling, they also allow you to smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue foods from ribs to apple pie. The conventional and straightforward controls on the Pro 780 make wood-fire cooking extremely easy. Just set your grill temperature, and the Traeger Pro will take care of the rest. Reliability is the key, and with each grill, the Traeger Pro 780 will give you consistent results along with the infused wood flavor.
The highlight of this grill is that it is now Alexa enabled, thus making it more intelligent. Alexa’s voice control mechanism allows you to monitor food, temperature, set timers, and accordingly create an alert on your WiFIRE technology with the help of a simple command. The Traeger Pro 780 is large enough to hold up to 50 burgers and seven racks of ribs and provide you with ample cooking space.
How to Assemble the Traeger 780 Pro Pellet Grill?
To assemble the Traeger Pro 780, follow these steps:
- Remove the “Start Here” box atop the hopper.
- Remove all the remaining packaging.
- Carefully remove the remaining parts.
- Open the “Start Here” box and take out the “Welcome Packet.”
- Find the manual with directions on the assembly.
- Lay the grill on its back. It is recommended to lay the grill on the back of the packaging material for easier leg attachment.
- Locate the tool kit and parts within the packaging.
- Install “Legs” in the following order: attach legs to the grill by carefully starting with more giant wheeled legs; repeat this process to attach all the remaining legs to the grill.
- Attach the leg brace to the legs using four 1.4 in.-20 x 6 in. bolts.
- Attach all the other leg braces to the legs using four 1.4 in.-20 x 6 in. bolts.
- Stand the grill up.
- Carefully install the Side Handle. Locate Handle and attach to the side of the grill using two 1.4 in.-20 x 6 in. bolts, two washers, and two mica washers.
- Attach Smoke Stack and Chimney Cap. Attach the Smoke Stack using 1.4 in.-20 x 6 in. bolts, two washers, and two 1/2 hex nuts. Screw on the chimney cap.
- Attach the Handle using two 1.4/20*6 bolts, two washers, and two mica washers.
- Place the Heat Baffle and drip tray inside the grill.
- Hang a Bucket to the side.
- Place Grill Plates inside.
- Place Hopper Grate inside the hopper.
Watch the video in the link below to learn more about assembling the Traeger Pro 780.
How to Pair The Traeger Pro 780 With Your iOS/Android?
To pair your Pro 780 with your iOS/Android, you must be logged in to the Traeger App to connect a WiFIRE Enabled Grill. Follow these steps:
- Log in to the Traeger App.
- Select “Add New Grill”.
- Select which grill mode you are pairing, then hit “NEXT”.
- Review and Agree to Data And Privacy Conditions.
- If you are an Android user, you must also allow access to the device’s camera, photos, location, and media.
- Check whether the Wi-Fi network is displayed.
- If the Wi-Fi network is correct, select “Continue”.
- If the network is NOT CORRECT, change the network from your phone’s settings.
Option A: With QR Code
If you have a QR code, follow these steps to pair the Traeger Pro with your app successfully:
- Look for a QR code on the inside of your grill’s hopper lid.
- If there is a QR code, select the option “I Have A QR Code”.
- Allow access.
- Using the camera, scan the QR code on the inside of your grill’s hopper lid.
- Enter your Wi-Fi password.
Option B: Without a QR Code
If you don’t have a QR code, follow these steps:
- Select the option “I Don’t Have A QR Code”.
- Then on your grill controller, find your grill name and password.
- Enter the grill name.
- Enter the grill password.
- Enter the grill UUID in the box displayed on the screen (the Grill UUID is found here: Traeger WiFIRE < About Grill < UUID).
- Enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Click “Join To Connect To The Grill’s Network”.
- Select Grill Name For Android Users.
When the connection is complete, the grill will reset. Select “Join/Connect To Re-Connect Your Device” to finish the pairing process.
Traeger Ironwood 650 vs the Traeger Pro 780
The Ironwood features a downdraft exhaust and an accurate convection system for premium taste. Similarly, the Ironwood 650 comes equipped with a Super Smoke mode allowing you to blast your food with the best quality smoke and get that unmatched wood-fired flavor. Another key highlight of the Ironwood 650 is the double side-wall interior for improved insulation, keeping your smoke and fire locked and loaded for years to come.
The Pro series has been the best-selling wood pellet grill in the world as of now. Not just grilling, but the Traeger Pro allows you to smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue foods from ribs to apple pie. The conventional and straightforward controls on the Pro 780 make wood-fired cooking extremely easy. Another important feature of the Pro 780 is that it gives you roughly 800 square inches of cooking area, enough for large pizzas, turkeys, and six racks of ribs all at once. With the Traeger Pro, you can now change temperatures, set timers, and monitor your food anywhere using the Traeger App and the WiFIRE enabled controller.